We are pleased to announce that the AAIR Charity will consider applications for grants to support research projects or purchase equipment. Applications for this round should be submitted by Friday 15th April 2016, 1700 hours.
Grants for research and equipment
AAIR supports research into asthma, allergy and respiratory diseases primarily within the Faculty of Medicine, University of Southampton. Allergy research primarily, but not exclusively focuses on airway effects. AAIR does not provide grants for research into smoking related diseases. It particularly aims to pump prime research, and to support researchers in the early phases of their career. AAIR typically funds research projects or equipment costing less than 10K but the Trustees will consider applications for larger amounts in exceptional circumstances. The Trustees encourage joint funding from other sources.
Stephen Holgate PhD Studentship
The AAIR Charity is pleased to announce that it has created the ‘Stephen Holgate PhD Studentship’ in recognition of Stephen’s long standing contribution to the Charity. The studentship is for studies of asthma and allergic diseases and will provide up to 50% of the cost of a studentship.
download studentship application
- The Scientific Committee usually sits three times a year to consider applications for funding of research and equipment. The Scientific Committee makes recommendations to the Charity’s Trustees for consideration.
- It is expected that the Stephen Holgate Studentship will be awarded annually.
- Applications can be submitted at any time but except in exceptional circumstances will only be reviewed when the Scientific Committee sit. The dates for submission will be circulated to CES Faculty of Medicine.
- Applications must be submitted using the application forms.
- Application forms should be sent to email@example.com, and to Prof Arshad, Chair of AAIR Scientific Committee S.H.Arshad@soton.ac.uk